A Passport is a travel document, usually issued by a country’s government to its citizens, that certifies the identity and nationality of its holder primarily for the purpose of international travel. Standard passports may contain information such as the holder’s name, place and date of birth, photograph, signature, and other relevant identifying information.
Many countries have either begun issuing or plan to issue biometric passports that contains an embedded microchip, making them machine-readable and difficult to counterfeit. As of January 2019, there are over 150 jurisdictions issuing these e–passports. Previously issued non–biometric machine–readable passports usually remain valid until their respective expiration dates.
Guidelines for Submitting Passport Application through Passport Seva website/ portal and Making Payment online option now available for Passport Application Form:
- Register through the Passport Seva Online Portal. (Click on “Register Now”link on the Home Page).
- Login to the Passport Seva Online Portal with the registered Login Id.
- Click “Apply for Fresh Passport/ Re-issue of Passport”
- Fill in the required details in the form and submit.
- Click the “Pay and Schedule Appointment”link on the “View Saved/Submitted Applications” screen to schedule an appointment.
- Online Paymenthas been made mandatory for booking appointments at all PSK/ POPSK/ PO.
Online Payment can be made using any one of the following modes:
- Credit/ Debit Card (MasterCard and Visa)
- Internet Banking (State Bank of India (SBI) Associate Banksand Other Banks)
- SBI Bank Challan
- Click the “Print Application Receipt”link to print the application receipt containing Application Reference Number (ARN)/ Appointment Number.
Note: Carrying printout of Application Receipt is no longer required. An SMS with your appointment details is also accepted as proof of appointment during your visit to Passport Office.
- Visit the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK)/ Regional Passport Office (RPO) where appointment has been booked, along with original documents.
- Only emergency/ medical cases and preapproved categories may visit Passport Seva Kendra without appointment. Service will be provided at the discretion of Passport Seva Kendra in–charge/ Passport Officer.
- In case of minor applicants (below 4 years of age), carry the recent passport size photograph (4.5 X 3.5 cm) with white background.
- Resubmission of application form is required, in case the applicant does not visit the Passport Seva Kendra within 90 days from the online form submission.
Submission of Application Fee is required to proceed for the working of Passport by Passport Seva Kendra/ Regional Passport Office. These application fees are taken according to the type of Services you have asked for:
For a New Passport application Fees are as below:
- For Candidates’ with age less than 15 years: Rs. 1000/–
- For Candidates’ with age 18 years and above:
- Booklet with 36 Pages: Rs. 1500/–
- Booklet with 60 Pages: Rs. 2000/–
- For Candidates’ with age between 15–18 years of age:
- Validity of 5 years/ Till age of 18 years: Rs. 1000/–
- Validity of 10 years (Booklet with 36 Pages): Rs. 1500/–
- Validity of 10 years (Booklet with 60 Pages): Rs. 2000/–
Documents Required for a Fresh Passport
- Proof of Address
- Photo Passbook of running bank account in any public sector bank, private sector bank and regional rural banks.
- Water Bill.
- Election Photo ID Card.
- Landline or Postpaid Mobile Bills.
- Proof of Gas Connection.
- Spouse’s Passport Copy (First and Last page of the passport that includes the details of the family and mentions applicant’s name as spouse of the passport holder).
- Certificate from Employer of reputed companies on letter head.
- Income Tax Assessment Order.
- Aadhaar Card.
- Electricity Bill.
- Rent Agreement.
- Proof of Age
- School leaving certificate/ Secondary school leaving certificate.
- Birth certificate issued by the Registrar of Births and Deaths or the Municipal Corporation or any other prescribed authority that has been empowered under the Registration of Birth and Deaths Act, 1969.
- Declaration given by the Head of the Orphanage/ Child Care Home on the official letterhead confirming the date of birth of the applicant.
- Policy Bond issued by the Public Life Insurance Corporations/ Companies which contains the date of birth of the holder.
- Extract of the service record of the applicant (in case of government servants) or Pay Pension Order (retired government servants) that is duly attested/ certified by the officer/ in–charge of the Administration of the concerned Ministry/ department of the applicant.
- Driving License.
- PAN Card.
- Election Photo Identity Card.
- Aadhar Card or e–Aadhaar.